The official Microsoft Social Media Team Blog spreading the word about the Imagine Cup 2013 Competition.
Recent Stories from Imagine Cup 2013
Microsoft Imagine Cup 2014 is now officially open! To be held in Seattle, U.S. in July 2014, this season promises a lot of exciting contests and technological projects from students all over the world.
“Imagine Cup team is constantly looking for ways to bring more and better opportunities to you, so you can learn new tools and build your skills by competing in the Imagine Cup. This season is focused on helping you learn the key steps involved in creating a project and bringing it to market, and offers many levels of participation.” – John Scott Tynes - Imagine Cup Competition Manager
Technology-enthusiast students from around the world can form teams and compete for the core competitions at Imagine Cup 2014 – Innovation, World Citizenship and Games. The winning teams in each competition win the grand prize of US $50,000.
What’s new at Imagine Cup 2014?
Logo / Website: For the upcoming season, the Imagine Cup official logo undergoes a refreshing change and the result is a very slick and apt logo. Along with the logo, the Imagine Cup 2014 website also sports a new look with lots of new features. Users can now comment on articles; there’s a new and better team/profile system and an enhanced project submission upload system.
World Semifinalists – Unlike the previous seasons where the National Finals winners were directly eligible to participate in the Worldwide Finals, Imagine Cup 2014 introduces a term called as World Semifinalists. The competition winners at the Imagine Cup National Finals held in countries across the globe will be designated as the World Semifinalists, who will then join other World Semifinalists from different countries to enter an online round in May 2014 during which judges will determine the final list of participants/teams who win the trip to Seattle and the chance to compete in person at the big stage – the Worldwide Finals!
New Challenges – Imagine Cup 2014 will offer three new, exciting challenges to compete of whom one is already under-way. These new challenges are not technology-based and don’t need any programming knowledge/activity at all. They are focused on helping the individual(s) getting started with his/her project with the right amount of planning and resources. The challenges are
- Pitch Video Challenge (September-October): Record a three to five minute video with your team pitching your project! This Challenge is now open for submissions.
- Project Blueprint Challenge (November-December): Dig deep into your thinking and deliver a written project proposal covering your users, requirements, scenarios, and business model.
- User Experience Challenge (January-February): How will people actually use your software? A great user experience transforms any solution so show us your user flow, wireframes, and a visual target for how your software will look on screen.
The top team in each Imagine Cup Challenge wins US $3,000 as a cash prize. The top ten teams from each category will be honored as Challenge All-Stars and will be rewarded with exclusive Imagine Cup lapel pins and certificates of victory.
Microsoft Imagine Cup, often referred to as the ‘Oscars of Technology’, is the largest student technological competition in the world. Primarily sponsored and supported by Microsoft, Imagine Cup is presently in its twelfth year. The last Worldwide Finals were held in St. Petersburg, Russia in July, 2013.
Participating in Imagine Cup will be one of the best experiences of your life. If you are a student with a desire to help the community through technology, register now for Imagine Cup 2014! You can read the official rules here and sign up for the Imagine Cup Newsletter to stay updated on the latest competition news. You can also follow the Imagine Cup team on Facebook and Twitter.
Many more exciting contests will be announced shortly at the Imagine Cup website. Stay tuned!
Imagine Cup 2014 – Dream it. Build it. Live it.
- Imagine Cup 2014 официально открыт!
- افتتاح كأس التخيل 2014
- كأس التخيل 2013 | سانت بيترسبرغ روسيا
- What inspired YOU to compete at Microsoft Imagine Cup?
- Awards Ceremony – Imagine Cup 2013 Worldwide Finals
- Cultural Day Recap – Day 3 | Imagine Cup 2013 Worldwide Finals
- Press Showcase – Day 2 | Imagine Cup 2013 Worldwide Finals
- Stay Tuned for the Imagine Cup Awards Ceremony – Live Stream
- Imagine Cup 2013 | Recap Day 2 (July 9, 2013)
- Imagine Cup Day 2 – Finalists presentations and more
- The Women’s Innovation Dinner – Imagine Cup 2013
- Learn Russian with the MSP Social Media Team
- Finalist presentations – live streaming is now live!
- Imagine Cup 2013 WW Finals – Day 1 is here
- St. Petersburg welcomes you to Microsoft Imagine Cup 2013 Worldwide Finals!
- Managing your Goals with Lifetimeline
- Meet Sergio Rivas – Winner of the Imagine Cup Spain Local Finals
- Meet “Karaoke Smart” – Peruvian Project for Imagine Cup 2013 WW Finals
- Meet Team PathFinders – Winner of Imagine Cup 2013 India Finals